After a long hiatus, I’ve decided to start adding to this blog again! Shame on whoever bought my previous domain and is reselling it now for $2000+. I won’t be repurchasing the old domain so now, I am permanently going to be living here instead: http://www.the-posher.com. 🙂
I recently did a survey across several Facebook groups on images people prefer to see on Poshmark and here are the results
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be vindictive but rather an outlet to joke about some of the things I’ve seen (hey, they say talking about it helps!).
Since most of you are unable to attend Posh Fest, I have decided to post the contents of my section over here:
It’s been way too long since I last posted and I kinda feel a little guilty for neglecting this blog so today I decided to post a little something new.
In December 2015, Poshmark decided to launch a new feature: the wholesale portal. Since then, it has experienced mixed results. Sarah and I have had our own experiences on the matter (“I” being Sarah’s significant other), ranging from “not very useful” to “this is harming retail on Poshmark.” As a retailer on Poshmark, we have noticed a few trends:
- The prices on the wholesale portal are ridiculous.
- A lot of retail closets we’ve seen have a “strange” amount of identical items.
- This has led to a lot of retailers slashing their prices.
While we have other supplier sources, the success of the greater Posh retail ecosystem means greater success for us. Its a classic case of clustering. If the retail environment is good on Poshmark, more people will shop retail on Poshmark, and retailers benefit from it. So we wanted to take the opportunity to examine the wholesale portal.
Since Poshmark does not provide any reports for retail sellers, I decided to do some analyzing of my own. I’ve recorded the last 300+ transactions (through availability: sold) for each of these four categories. I have broken bundles down to sort them by item e.g. bundle of two tops for $36 = $18 and $18 per top. Of course, this isn’t a complete accurate picture of the actual last 300 sold items in each category but I needed to know and this was the easiest way I could find answers. If you want to check out what I have found…
Sharing is central to selling on Poshmark because it is the easiest way to increase closet traffic. However, indiscriminate sharing is just a complete waste of your time so share smart to get the highest ROI on your time investment. I recently emailed Manish to get more details on how sharing works and discovered a thing or two about sharing algorithms. This post is everything I have gathered from all my research and personal experiences from years of selling on Poshmark… Continue reading
THIS METHOD NO LONGER WORKS
Just wanted to explain shipping discounts…
1. The discount you get has NOTHING to do with the amount of the price drop. The shipping discounts are entirely based on the FINAL PRICE of the item. E.g. If you drop a $100 item to $49 (and you get shipping discount activated), the shipping will be $3.95. If you drop a $60 item to $49 (shipping discount activated), shipping will still be $3.95. Free shipping will only be applied to items with final prices $100 or above.
The Bare Anthology $100 Galentines’ spree!
1. Follow us on IG @bareanthology
2. Share this post on your FB timeline OR IG account
3. Hashtag #bareanthology in your caption
Winners will be announced on Feb 13, 2016!
P.S. If you tell us which is your favorite Bare piece, you get two entries!
U.S. addresses only.